From: Courtney Appleyard
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [VTBIRD] Eagle seeking in Arlington/Shushan

I spent many hours driving around today looking for bald eagles based on
many sighting reports from my local friends.   I have friends in Shushan who
see them all the time, but they always seem to elude me when I am passing
through...  I've also heard there is one cruising up and down 313 in
Arlington quite regularly, so I decided to go on a little tour today.

While looking in a field I've spotted other raptors in before, a woman
pulled over and asked if I was seeing anything good, and told me that on her
road (Camden Valley Rd. in Shushan, right on the VT border)  there were 6
bald eagles (2 adult and 4 juvenile) feeding on a carcass yesterday at the
back of a field.   I headed over there, hoping to hit the jackpot, but not
surprisingly, only a skeleton remained!   Then headed back to stakeout a
dead deer I'd seen on the side of the road earlier (Juniper Swamp Rd.)  to
find 2 red tails, and later a Coopers feeding.  But alas, no eagles...

I know they are seen quite regularly - just not by me apparently!  If anyone
local has any feeding frenzies or sites to report where they reliably hang
out, could you please post here?

Getting frustrated in Manchester....

Courtney