Hello all,

Leave it to Ted Murin(one of Vermont's Top Birders) to have the perseverance
to try and relocate the Common Pochard for others to get a chance to see it.
He called me about 25 minutes ago to tell me that he has in fact seen the
Common Pochard this morning at 10:05 a.m. !!! I was close to my house when
he called and raced home to get the word out to all of you ASAP. He was on
the NY side of the Champlain Bridge when he found it and he just called me
again to tell me that he is trying it from the VT side. It is very windy- about
15-20 mph from the NW. The ice edge is closer to the bridge now and the
best place to see the duck at this time would be from the bridge. The Pochard
is with a large mixed flock of ducks approx. 1/4 to 1/2 mile from shore and
approx. 3/4 of a mile from the bridge. When he saw it, it was close to the ice
edge. He said that the viewing is good aside from the wind. He also mentioned
that there are 16 Bald Eagles there and that they are putting an attack on
the ducks and it is quite a show.

I hope that many more of you get a chance to see this rare beauty.

Good luck to all and thank you very much Ted- nice job.

Jim Mead