Thursday, January 10, 7:00 PM at the Ilsley Public Library meeting room in Middlebury, Join us for our first of three Cabin Fever Lectures for 2013. Local ornithologist Warren King will recount his years of working with seabirds in a program entitled “From Christmas to Easter: Seabirds of the Pacific Islands”. Warren worked as an ornithologist for the Smithsonian Institution, which published his book The ICBP Bird Red Data Book: The Endangered Birds of the World in 1980. He was an environmental educator for the Keewaydin Environmental Education Center in Salisbury, Vermont, for 13 years. He received the 2002 Vermont State Award of the New England Wildflower Society, the 2005 Charles H. Callison Award from National Audubon for volunteer service, and received with his wife Barry the 2005 Eco-Spirit Award from Spirit in Nature.

Saturday, January, 12, 8:00 AM, Otter Creek Audubon and the Middlebury Area Land Trust invite community members to help us survey birds and other wildlife at Otter View Park and the Hurd Grassland. Meet at the parking area of Otter View Park at the intersection of Weybridge St. and Pulp Mill Bridge Road in Middlebury. Birders of all ages and abilities welcome. For more information, call 388-1007 or 388-6829.

For a complete list of our upcoming events, see the calendar on our website:
 http://ottercreek.wordpress.com/calander-of-events/

 --
Ron Payne
Middlebury, VT