Tarveling over to Chimmney Point with N.H. birders Dave Govatski, Carl
Bretton, and Mary Boulanger we decided to try the N.Y. side at Port Henry
(the state park along the waterfront (plenty of parking trails) Within minutes
we spotted a Canvas Back, redhead and a few minutes later Carl found the
Common Pochard all within 300 feet (+ or-) of shoreline. Excellent views
and light was perfect. Looks like a good place for it to hang out for awhile.
Pochard was feeding well and looked very healty, spent some time sleeping
and it does have a leg band (silver) I did a few hundred digiscopes and have
not processed yet but definately I have one shot with his leg in the air and
there is a leg band. Let you know more later.

Tom Berriman