Patience is the operant word .  In 2010 we moved into a rental trailer on our new property while our house was being built.  I put up feeders, suet and scattered ground feed in October and it was well into March before I had any reliable feeder activity.  Now,  I have enough Goldfinches to keep me filling my feeders every day and the rest of the usual suspects are here invert acceptable numbers.

Mundi
North Pownal

Mundi Smithers

The greatest tragedy in mankind's enitire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion.
Arthur C Clarke (1917-2008)