Very interesting article... and I, for one, will go for that idea that there are only REDPOLLS - having never assured myself I have really seen Hoarys.   Now if someone could only decide the same holds true for scaup, or dowitchers!!  I know, I know.... THEY are easy to tell apart!!!

Ruth Stewart

E. Dorset, VT