If you go to the covered bridge, about a quarter mile to the west is a large cottonwood tree. I often see them in that tree. It is a bad spot on the highway though as there is no sizeable shoulder. They are tough to spot from the dirt road in that tree but if you look hard enough, sometimes you can. Kevin
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Courtney Appleyard<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:03 AM
  Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Eagle seeking in Arlington/Shushan

  Bonnie - yes, this is what I've been doing - normally it's because I'm passing through or visiting friends in Shushan - but yesterday I looked specifically for hours...  hawks seem to be omni-present for me (in that area and my own yard!)  but the eagles seem to hide from me and sit out in the open for everyone else!   Will continue the quest!