Greetings!

I am a graduate student in the Higher Education and Student Affairs
Administration (HESA) Program at the University of Vermont (UVM). I am
currently seeking self-identifying heterosexual White undergraduate
teaching faculty to participate in my research study and hoping you
could help identify or if you meet the criteria be willing to
participate. The purpose of this exploratory study is to understand the
perceptions of classroom climate by both faculty members and lesbian,
gay, bisexual, and queer (LGBQ) Students' of Color in undergraduate
university classrooms at a pre-dominantly White institution and better
understand its impact on pedagogy.As principal investigator, I hope this
study may yield valuable information about how faculty can be better
supported in effectively engaging with classroom
diversity.Recommendations from this study could improve classroom
climate and facilitate better support for faculty and consequently
diverse students as well. All information from this study will be kept
confidential.

In order to be eligible to participate,

-You must be an undergraduate teaching faculty member at the University
of Vermont.

-You must self-identify as heterosexual *_and _*self-identify as White

If you are interested or would like more information about the specifics
of this study, please contact the principal investigator, Dirk Rodricks
at 802-656-7990 or via e-mail at [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

This research study is sponsored by the Graduate Program in Higher
Education and Student Affairs, Department of Leadership and
Developmental Sciences, College of Education and Social Services at the
University of Vermont. The Faculty Advisor is Dr. Shametrice Davis. //

If you know of others who may be interested in participating in this
study, I would greatly appreciate your help and support in
forwarding/posting this information to them.

Thank you for your help.

Dirk Rodricks

Candidate, M.Ed. Higher Education and Student Affairs'13

University of Vermont

--

-----
Dirk J. Rodricks