Greetings!

I am a graduate student in the Higher Education and Student Affairs Administration (HESA) Program at the University of Vermont (UVM). I am currently seeking self-identifying heterosexual White undergraduate teaching faculty to participate in my research study and hoping you could help identify or if you meet the criteria be willing to participate. The purpose of this exploratory study is to understand the perceptions of classroom climate by both faculty members and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and queer (LGBQ) Students’ of Color in undergraduate university classrooms at a pre-dominantly White institution and better understand its impact on pedagogy.  As principal investigator, I hope this study may yield valuable information about how faculty can be better supported in effectively engaging with classroom diversity.  Recommendations from this study could improve classroom climate and facilitate better support for faculty and consequently diverse students as well. All information from this study will be kept confidential.

In order to be eligible to participate,

-          You must be an undergraduate teaching faculty member at the University of Vermont.

-          You must self-identify as heterosexual and self-identify as White

If you are interested or would like more information about the specifics of this study, please contact the principal investigator, Dirk Rodricks at 802-656-7990 or via e-mail at [log in to unmask]

This research study is sponsored by the Graduate Program in Higher Education and Student Affairs, Department of Leadership and Developmental Sciences, College of Education and Social Services at the University of Vermont. The Faculty Advisor is Dr. Shametrice Davis.

If you know of others who may be interested in participating in this study, I would greatly appreciate your help and support in forwarding/posting this information to them.

Thank you for your help.

Dirk Rodricks

Candidate, M.Ed. Higher Education and Student Affairs’13

University of Vermont

--

-----
Dirk J. Rodricks