---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Matt Lavery" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Feb 4, 2013 1:17 PM
Subject: RESCHEDULED Brown and Gold Debates at Adelphi University, 2/16-17
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Hello All

Many thanks to everyone who has been patient with the rescheduling of
Adelphi's Brown and Gold Debates, which had to be postponed due to
Hurricane Sandy.  I know this posting comes late (we're within two weeks of
the tournament now); but some of the people we've been advertising with by
word-of-mouth have asked for the details, which can be found in the
announcement below.  We have room for a few more teams, and would certainly
like to see you there.

Best wishes

Matt Lavery
Adelphi University Debate Society Coach

******************Tournament Announcement
Follows*********************************

Announcement of the

Hurricane Reschedulings of the

Brown and Gold Debates

February  16th -17th, 2013

Hosted by

Adelphi University

Dear Friends and Colleagues

The Adelphi University Debate Society (AUDS) is now receiving registrations
for our Annual Brown and Gold Debates, a British Parliamentary style debate
to be hosted on our Garden City, NY campus, originally scheduled for 10-11
November, but now rescheduled for 16-t7 February due to complications
related to Hurricane Sandey.  AUDS and its local partners--the St. John’s
University Debate Society,  which encouraged and nurtured AUDS in our
infancy--are proud to announce that the Brown and Gold, inaugurated in 2010
in an attempt to support the regional Debate community,  is this year
welcoming participants from all regions of the country.  The tournament
will feature 5 preliminary rounds, and will break for the semi-finals round
and the finals round. We are currently able to accommodate 48 teams.

Chief Adjudicator for this competition will be Josiah Peterson, Assistant
Coach at St. John’s University, and former King’s College Debater..

The Tournament will be tabulated by Steve Llano of St. John’s University
with the assistance of  Matt Lavery of Adelphi University.

All schools interested in this tournament are welcome and encouraged to
participate.

Any questions should be submitted to the President of AUDS, Ameena Rahman,,
who can be reached at [log in to unmask]

We sincerely hope you join us for a weekend of excellent debating!

Matt Lavery, Convenor

Director of Adelphi University Debate Society

Tournament Information:

Schedule

Saturday February 16, 2013

8 AM – Registration & Breakfast in GA

9 AM – Motions released for Round 1

11 AM – Motions released for Round 2

1 PM – Lunch served in GA room

2:30 PM – Motions released for Round 3

4:30 PM – Motions released for Round 4

6:30 PM – Dinner served in GA room

Debaters are encouraged to use the evening to explore and enjoy New York
City, easily accessed via the Long Island Railroad a short walk from
Adelphi’s campus (trains depart for New York City at 28 minutes past the
hour, each hour on Saturday)

Sunday November 11, 2012

8 AM – Breakfast in GA

9 AM – Motions released for Round 5

11 AM – Lunch in GA

12:30 PM – Break for Semi-Finals Announced & Motions released for
Semi-Finals

2:30 PM – Break for Finals Announced & Motions released for Finals

5:00 PM – Awards Ceremony

Note: The General Assembly Room is the Campbell Lounge in the Center for
Recreation and Sports.

Registration

All entries must be submitted via e-mail to [log in to unmask]
Please include the number of teams, team member names, and names of judges.
 You will receive confirmation of your registration within 48 hours.
 Please make all checks payable to “Adelphi University Debate Society.”
Registration is currently open, but will close on February 9th.

Fees

A registration fee of $90 per team is required; a $50 judging fee will be
added for teams unable to meet an N-1 judging structure.

Eligibility

This tournament is open to any undergraduate or graduate student seeking a
degree in good-faith from an accredited academic institution.

Travel and Accommodations

Adelphi University’s campus is located 30 miles east of New York City, and
is easily accessible by mass transit; more information on reaching campus
can be found in the Visitor’s Guide on the University’s website: <
http://www.adelphi.edu/visitors/>

A block of rooms has been reserved at the Red Roof Inn, located at 699
Dibblee Drive Westbury, NY 11590, which is 3 miles from campus. To make
reservations call (516) 794-2555 or toll free at (877) 784-6835. Please ask
for the “AUDS Debate Tournament Group” to receive the discounted rate of
$109.  This rate will be available until 2/11.  More information about the
Red Roof Inn at

http://www.redroof.com/reservations/property-detail.aspx?pid=266

Crash Housing

Limited crash housing is available on a first come, first served basis.
Please contact us in advance if you believe you will require crash.

Debate Rules

We will be following the WUDC rules, which can be found at
http://flynn.debating.net/Sydrules.htm

Awards

Top speakers and finalists will be acknowledged with small awards.