I went to Woodside Park this afternoon to see if I could find the
red-shouldered hawk.  I found it (or, it found me) on the north side of the
loop trail.  I saw it fly across the marsh and land in a tree not far away.
 I got a few photos (a little better than those of the Merlin!) and posted
them on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevinthorley/8459173311/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevinthorley/8460276102/in/photostream/

Also saw a Hairy and Pileated Woodpeckers, along with the usual Chickadees,
Titmice, and White-breasted Nuthatch.

Combined with the Barred Owl I saw at the Rosetti Natural Area this morning
(have seen it 4 out of the last 6 mornings) and the American Tree Sparrow
and Common Redpolls at my feeders, this was a fun day for birds :)