At least one nurse manager is reading this article - I ILLed it for her a couple weeks ago.

As a "brag" of my own, a few weeks ago some scientists I serve at the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment asked permission to acknowledge Dana Abbey of the NN/LM Midcontinental Region; Karen Dahlen, a librarian turned consultant who is working to get library services for public health departments; and I, once their article is published.

Date:    Thu, 31 Jan 2013 13:43:10 -0600
From:    Julie Stielstra <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: a brag!

A team comprising APNs, a pharmacist, a respiratory therapist, nurses, and
physical therapists here developed a new early mobility protocol for our
patients in the ICU and intermediate care units.  They presented it at a
critical care meeting, and an editor at Physical Therapy journal was so
impressed he asked them to write it up as a formal article.  They did.  I
did the lit searches and the manuscript prep for it, and the February 2013
issue of the journal (print copy!) landed on my desk today.  There is much
high-fiving, hugging, and delighted relief around here today!  I was happy
to bestow the print issue on the lead author to be eternally cherished.

Drolet, A et al. "Move to Improve: the feasibility of using an early
mobility protocol to increase ambulation in the intensive and intermediate
care settings."  Physical Therapy 93(2): 197-eoa, 2013 February.

Yes, my name is buried in there among the acknowledgements... and I got a
very nice bottle of Riesling out of it too.

--
Julie Stielstra, MLS
Manager, Knowledge Resource Library

"Never...be mean in anything; never be false; never be cruel. Avoid those
three vices...and I can always be hopeful of you."  -- Betsy Trotwood to
David Copperfield (Charles Dickens)

Jerry Carlson, MLS, AHIP     E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Medical Librarian                   Phone: (970) 495-7770
University of  Colorado Health - North
1024 S Lemay Ave                Web: www.pvhs.org
Fort Collins, CO 80524         DOCLINE: COUZFP         OCLC: CO5

Whatever knowledge you find for yourself leaves me more time to find other knowledge for you.
Whatever knowledge I find for you leaves you more time for your patients.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  The information contained in this e-mail is privileged and confidential, and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, electronic storage or use of this communication is prohibited.  If you received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, attaching the original message, and delete the original message from your computer and any network to which your computer is connected.