I've also been very surprised, and pleasantly so, by the number of nurses who have come to me this semester for help in their Masters' and BSN programs ...
I don't know how it is in other parts of the country, but around here ( New Hampshire/Vermont) employment for nurses is no longer a sure thing and I think many realize that they need to have an advanced degree to remain competitive for their entire careers.  Works well for me because it makes my career a little more secure until I can retire !
Jean
Cheshire Medical Center
Keene NH

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
                                                                                   -- Theodore Roosevelt, 1910