Well, it was a "powder" day, sorta, quotated, in a way. There was
nothing fluffy about any of the new snow, but it was deep, and
plentiful, and the woods are in fine shape now. Depending on where you
stood relative to where the wind blew yesterday, we had anywhere from
about 2" to 20" of new snow. I'd say the average was somewhere around
8-10".

Yesterday the NWS said this was wet, heavy snow, and they weren't
kidding. Early in the morning it was a bit of a workout just making
turns in the stuff, and as the sun rose higher and the temperature
climbed close to 40F, it didn't get any lighter. I found a few runs
where I could link smooth turns over the ever-thickening cream cheesy
stuff, which was great fun, but by 11:00 I got tired of fighting my
legs, fighting my skis, and fighting the snow, and bailed out to the
relative comfort of some groomed runs where I wouldn't be required to
fight anything. Good call. Talk about hero snow -- I had two amazing
runs down Ross, where it was just about impossible to make a bad turn.
Allen was just about as good, too.

Early in the morrning the Middlebury and UVM ski teams were out training
in slalom gates on Ross, in preparation for next week's NCAA Skiing
Championship. They looked like they were having a good time too.

Dave G.