For ANYONE interested.
~Alec

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eric Glustrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Subject: A call for student innovators, engineers, designers, and entrepreneurs
To: Eric Glustrom <[log in to unmask]>

Hello EWB Chapter Leader,

Watson University is a semester long incubator for student innovators, engineers, designers, and entrepreneurs.† Bernard Amadei, the founder of EWB, helped in the early stages of designing Watson. †Because of Bernardís early involvement and the alignment of visions between Watson and EWB, Watson is sending information about the opportunity to apply to each EWB chapter.† When you have a chance, please forward the information below to your EWB Chapter members and other students who may be interested.

Watson University is convening 20 student innovators, engineers, designers, and entrepreneurs to Boulder for the Fall semester.† Each Watson Scholar will explore their passions, accelerate their ideas, and build partnerships with mentorship from leading entrepreneurs, practitioners, and thinkers from around the world and complete award-winning training in the skills of human centered design, resilience, creativity, teamwork, and empathy.† Applications to Watson are currently open and due on April 15.†

Watson University†is a semester-long incubator for students that includes:

1.†††††† Fifteen short Master Courses taught by a network of leading†practitioners ranging from a leader of the Nobel Peace Prize winning International Campaign to Ban-Landmines, to a Time Magazine Hero of the Planet, and transformative social entrepreneurs

2.†††††† Award-winning training in human centered design, creativity, resilience, grit, teamwork, and empathy inspired by Transformative Action Institute

3.†††††† The Watson Lab, where students receive mentorship and build partnerships to explore their passions and pilot, prototype, and scale ideas to make the world a better place

4.†††††† A semesterís worth of academic credit

If you are interested, learn more about Watson at:

www.watsonuniversity.org

Applications to Watson are currently open and due on April 15.† Thereís more information in our Call for Dreamers and a short Q & A below.† Donít hesitate to be in touch if you have any questions about Watson or the application process.

Eric

--

Eric Glustrom

President and Founder,†Watson University

Q & A:

What does the life of a Watson Scholar look like?

Who can apply?

Any student or recent graduate, whether American or international, can apply. †Students can be of any age/year in university, and any academic background/major. †We also encourage teams of students working on the same idea to apply as a team.

Can I apply if I am graduating in May?

Yes, we are open to applications from students who have recently graduated.

How much does it cost?

Full tuition to Watson is $15,000/semester.† We have full and partial scholarship opportunities available and if a student is accepted as one of the 20 Scholars†we will be sure they can afford it regardless of how much they can pay.

Do students receive academic credit for their semester at Watson?

Yes, once accepted, each Scholar of Watson University receives approximately one semester's worth of academic credit for their experience from our partner, the University of Colorado - a leader in social entrepreneurship education.

What do I do if I have another question?

Contact us!†[log in to unmask]