From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Roberta Dana
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 7:39 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: School budget revote

On Town meeting day, our union district school budget was not passed (Australian ballot).
The school board is planning on making final decisions on a new budget at a school board meeting to be held on March 14th.
They will need to print ballots and deliver them to the three town clerks in the district.
They are planning on having the school budget revote on March 27th which is less than two weeks from their final budget decision meeting meaning that in my estimation, there will not be enough time allowed for the clerks to accept requests for absentee ballots, mail out absentee ballots and then for the registered voters to get their ballots returned to the town office by the end of voting day.  Also, we do have a situation where a registered voter is leaving the country on vacation more than likely before the ballots are ready meaning that this voter will NOT get a chance to vote on this issue.
Is this just a "tough luck" voter or is this a legal issue?
IMHO, the vote is being rushed and there could very well be more voters out there that will not be able to vote due to the constricted timing!
Any opinions are welcome!

Roberta Dana
Groton Town Treasurer
& Collector of Current Taxes