Good Afternoon –


I’m curious as to what other towns do with property tax overpayments and shortages.  I’m guessing you refund overages but to what limit?  Also, if someone shorts their payment – do you just right it off and up to what amount?


Thank you.


Jessica Brassard

Braintree Town Clerk/Treasurer/DTC

932 VT Rte 12A

Braintree, VT  05060

Ph - 802-728-9787

Fax - 802-728-9742

[log in to unmask]


NOTICE:  Under Vermont's public records law, documents - including e-mail - in the possession of public officials about town business are classified as public records.  This means if anyone asks to see it, we are required to provide it.  There are very few exceptions.  We welcome citizen comments and want to hear from our residents, but please keep in mind that what you write in an e-mail is not private and could show up in the local newspaper.