  From: Barbara Torian
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 3:00 PM
  Subject: Re: School budget revote

  It has been a while since I was clerk and this all sounds wrong to me. (but what do I know)  What does " shall take appropriate steps to warn a public informational meeting on the budget and the vote" mean?

  Also just for clarification there is a difference between a revote and a revised budget vote.

  2641. Warning and notice required; publication of warnings

  (a) The legislative body of a municipality shall warn a meeting by posting a warning and notice in at least two public places in the town, and in or near the town clerk's office, not less than 30 nor more than 40 days before the meeting. If a town has more than one polling place and the polling places are not all in the same building, the warning and notice shall be posted in at least two public places within each voting district and in or near the town clerk's office.

  (b) In addition, the warning shall be published in a newspaper of general circulation in the municipality at least five days before the meeting, unless the warning is published in the town report, or otherwise distributed in written form to all town or city postal patrons at least 10 days before the meeting. The legislative body annually shall designate the paper in which such a warning may be published. No such warning shall be required for municipal informational meetings at which no voting is to take place. (Added 1977, No. 269 (Adj. Sess.),  1; amended 1979, No. 200 (Adj. Sess.),  98; amended 1985, No. 196 (Adj. Sess.),  5; 1999, No. 148 (Adj. Sess.),  85, eff. May 24, 2000.)

  Just another 10cents

  Barb