Hi Carol-

If the City has adopted the newer VSARA General Record Schedules ("GRS") (and we encourage municipalities to adopt and begin using the GRS) then, for your question below, I suggest looking to the Personnel GRS 1304.1103 and specifically the record type for "Authorizations" at page 2 of 9 of that GRS.

http://vermont-archives.org/records/schedules/general/pdf/GRS-1304.1103_Managing.Employees.pdf

More on the GRS and how to adopt them at:

http://vermont-archives.org/records/schedules/general/

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions.

Trevor

Trevor Lewis
Records Analyst &
Local Records Program Coordinator
Vermont State Archives & Records Administration
1078 U.S. Route 2, Middlesex
Montpelier, VT 05633-7701
802-828-1005 (tel.) | 802-828-3710 (fax)
802-828-3700 (main switchboard)
www.vermont-archives.org<http://www.vermont-archives.org>
"Records management is like elevator maintenance.
It's not noticed until it's gone, or something goes wrong." (unknown)
"Information management policies are not a dark or novel art" Hon. David Nuffer, U.S. Magistrate Judge, District of Utah, 2009