We cover the socials with a little post-it so it can easily be removed from the original.  Redacting was suggested by the Secretary of State a few years ago.





Doreen Woodward

Town Clerk/Treasurer

Town of Westminster

P O Box 147   3651 US Route 5

Westminster, VT 05158

Tel: 802/722-4091   Fax: 802/722-9816

[log in to unmask]




From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Susan Underwood
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 2:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Recording death certificates in the land records.


Good afternoon clerks,


A lawyer has brought in a deed and transfer tax return for her client.  She wants me to record it along with the death certificate of her client's husband.


She wants me to record the death certificate and then redact  the social security number on the land record copy.  I responded that then it would not be a "true copy" of what she asked me to record.

Not sure what I'm supposed to do.  Any and all help will be appreciated.




Susan in Newbury