What we call ourselves and what we do is important.

We have a few moments and limited attention from administration,
supporters, and alumni. We need to make those moments count.

The name we use does create a reality.

I do not want to keep explaining things to everyone.

BP? British don't own it. They do not run the tournament. Tell that to
the Australians and the Irish. British may be damn good at it but it
stops there.

In my evangelical efforts I try to communicate to people that this is
the "world's" format. It is the most international and most popular
debating format in the world. I think this is quite an accurate name.

My opinion - Call it worlds or WUDC but please do not call it BP. Of
course, you have freedom of speech, so do what you like. My point is
that if we want to grow it and promote it we need to have a name that
is accurate and communicates what we do.

My opinion.

Tuna

PS: I create a mysterious reality with my nickname for a reason. I do
not want to do that with our debate format.