Hi all,

I know this is late notice, but I realized I forgot to send out the Stanford APDA tournament invite to this list!  It's this weekend, starting on Friday and ending on Saturday evening.

The tournament is in APDA rather than BP format, but I thought it might still be of interest to some people on this list since a lot of the teams that attend crossover between APDA and BP, and our judging pool includes a lot of people with extensive BP experience (including 9 judges who have broken at worlds, which will cover nearly a third of all our rounds).  We're running a demonstration debate and Q&A about APDA format before the tournament officially starts (from 2-3:30 on Friday) so if you are interested in trying it out, this could be a good opportunity - and the only APDA tournament of the year on the West Coast.

Registration is $130 for teams from the Bay Area and $90 for teams that come from farther away, although if your finances would prevent you from coming at that price we are willing to work with you on a discount.  There's no judging requirement, although we are happy to take judges if you want to bring them!  We can provide housing/crash for free on Friday and/or Saturday night.

If you are interested in attending or have any questions, please feel free to let me know!

Best,

Kate Falkenstien
(Stanford APDA coach, Yale debate '12)