NPDA 2013

In memory of Al Johnson
1930-2012

Hi to all:

The 2013 NPDA national tournament is dedicated to Colorado College professor and coach Al Johnson, who contributed to college debate in so many significant ways.

Al was one of the founders of NPDA, but countless other forensics communities also owe a deep debt of thanks to Al, who gave so much time and energy to so many good causes.

Al was a fine coach, a dedicated teacher but, most of all, a caring and generous man.

We will briefly pay tribute to Al, who died in December, at the awards ceremony on Monday night, just before awarding the Al Johnson Best Speaker trophy.

In anticipation of that short tribute to Al I invite anyone who knew Al to send memories. We will incorporate a few into the remarks. Whether you work in parli, policy, LD or IEs, if you have a memory of Al, we'd love to share it next Monday.

Thank you,

Brent

P.S. I'm sure there will also be mention of Al at LaVerne, since Steve and Robert will be there, two close friends. I know NIET also plans a moment of remembrance.

(406) 459-2371