Join us as we monitor a variety of bird species at Missisquoi National
Wildlife Refuge.

This month's Bird Monitoring Walk will be on Saturday, March16, 2013 on the
Old Railroad Passage Trail.  Meet at 8:00 AM at the parking lot located on
Tabor Rd about 1 mile past the refuge Visitor Center.  If you have any
questions, just reply to this email.

The monthly walks will gather long-term data on the presence of birds,
their abundance, and changes in populations. The information we gather will
be entered into the Vermont e-Bird database where data is stored by the
Cornell Lab of Ornithology and the National Audubon Society. These walks
are appropriate for all levels of birders and provide a wonderful
opportunity to learn about birds throughout the seasons. Led by Bridget
Butler and Ken Copenhaver, Friends of Missisquoi National Wildlife Refuge
board members.

After 36 months of walks we have observed 123 species.  Hope to see you
there!

The Visitor Center will be open after the walk until 2:00 pm.  Stop in and
see the nature exhibits on display and learn more about the refuge.

Trail conditions:  I was out to the trail this morning.  Conditions varied
from no snow to 2 inches of slushy snow to muddy spots.  Occasional puddles
were easily avoided.  Depending on weather this week, conditions could
change, so chose footwear accordingly!

--Ken Copenhaver

For information on other refuge events, visit:
http://friendsofmissisquoi.org/