It was a great gull day for VT, with Spencer/Ian/Ron's sighting of the
adult Slaty-backed Gull.
(They also apparently had a Glaucous Gull, but I did not see that when I
was there.)
After they left Turkey Lane in Panton, mid-afternoon, Ted Murin also
noted an immature Iceland Gull with the congregation of gulls at the
nearby island seen from the Lane.
By the way that group of gulls was regularly put up by an adult Bald
Eagle during my afternoon time there. Two Red-tailed Hawks going by did
not have the same effect!

I went with Ted to check Potash Bay, after we had lost effective viewing
of the Slaty-backed Gull to the distance and waves; as we heard that was
where the largest group of gulls was, at the current edge of the ice
sheet. The visibility at that point in the afternoon wasn't that good,
and not all gulls strung out along the ice edge were visible - being
behind other gulls- and it started snowing as well after our arrival.
However, Ted found 3 more Iceland Gulls: 2 immature and one adult.
Good birding,  Larry
Shelburne, VT