Yesterday (Sunday) morning I briefly saw two Sandhill Cranes from the
west end of the goose viewing area along Route 17 at the Dead Creek WMA.

The birds had been reported to me by phone message from a reliable
observer when seen the day before (March 2nd).  He viewed them in uncut
corn near the road at the west end of the viewing access.  I arrived
went quite early Sunday morning to try and find them before they
repositioned.  Searched all uncut and cut cornfields as viewed from Gage
Road, Route 17 from Addison Four Corners to Brilyea Access including the
goose viewing area, and Brilyea Access.  Finally, from the goose viewing
area I briefly saw them far to the south in flight low over the ground
in descent to land.  They dropped out of sight about 1/2 mile south of
the west end of the Goose viewing area, in a field back near the pines
by the old eagle hacking stand.

Ian