I've really gotten to know my local birds personally through Feeder Watch this winter. It was a regular occurrence to see both Mr. And Mrs. Cardinal making a visit, and it was only infrequently that Mr. Titmouse, Mr. Pine Grosbeak, or Mr. WB Nuthatch (known to me as Tuxedo Man) would make an appearance without their better halves in tow. It has really been such a treat these past two weekends to see my solitary bachelor feeder friends "hooking up". All winter my Hairy, Downy, and Red-breasted Nuthatch have been on their own without any like companionship. Of course they've seemed happy, not showing signs of lonliness at all. Nevertheless, it made me smile to see all three paired up this weekend and traveling together with significant others. It's a sure sign of spring!

Julie
Fairfax