This afternoon when we were just about to leave Lake Champlain from a day's birding, Ian Worley glibly stated that we would find a Golden Eagle on our way home. Well, just as we were coming up to the Brilyea Access of Dead Creek on Rt. 17 in Addison, I spotted a large bird soaring above us and pointed it out to Ian who stopped the car. I literally couldn't believe my eyes when I looked at the bird, needed some convincing, and a good look at it through my scope before I agreed with Ian that it was in fact a Golden Eagle.

 --
Ron Payne
Middlebury, VT