Just in case here is the post once again!

Cheers Roy Pilcher

-----Original Message-----
From: Roy Pilcher <[log in to unmask]>
To: VTBIRD <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thu, Mar 28, 2013 3:03 pm
Subject: Greater White-fronted Geese

This morning, observing from Creek Road in/on the Clarendon Flats, [opposite the Mill River Lumber Yard], there was a large gathering of waterfowl in a flooded corn field.  Having scoped about one quarter of the congregation, a Greater White-fronted Goose entered my view.  I immediately went into digiscope mode and obtained three or four images.  Then on an adjacent field a four wheeler appeared and the whole gathering took flight heading north.  I followed but within about a quarter mile there was a  group of thirty to forty Canada Geese bedded down in a hay field , sleeping and relaxing.  I stopped to scan this lot only to find what I assume to be a second Greater White-fronted Goose, similarly hunkered down.  From time to time the goose would extend its neck and nibble on some grass stubble before reentering a repose position.  This bird was observed for about ten minutes and also digiscoped.

Cheers, Roy Pilcher