Hi Larry,
Good question. BAMONA is still in existence for sure. We (VCE/VT Butterfly
Survey) are using and pushing eButterfly now. Why? Because it is focused on
a checklist scheme like eBird so is much more powerful data collection. It
also is tracking things like eBird for us such as life lists and whatnot,
which is fun for us watchers. You can put your data anyplace you'd like
really. I'd just recommend you don't waste time duplicating your data into
multiple platforms without a very good reason (such as a local project or
something, but we'd be happy to share any and all data direct to them too).
If it is a good platform it would be sharing to GBIF (Global Biodiversity
Information INfrastructure) or  it is at least what is called Darwin core
compliant, which means its data can be used with other compliant databases
for meta-analysis and such.
Best
Kent

____________________________