After seeing the mourning cloak posting, I was hoping to shamelessly plug one other site, Community of Observers. We're specifically looking for twelve species of butterflies including skippers (Mourning Cloak, Baltimore Checkerspot, Canadian Tiger Swallowtail, Eastern Tiger Swallowtail, Great Spangled Fritillary, Harvester, Monarch,  Northern Azure, Peck's Skipper, Re-spotted Purple, Silver-spotted Skipper, and White Admiral) and are looking to share this data with other databases. Here is the site: http://communityobserver.fairbanksmuseum.org/
and keeping it anonymous, I would love to blog that someone has already witnessed their first mourning cloak of the season!

Thanks,
Leila

Leila Nordmann
Director of Programs