Hi Larry,
Good question. BAMONA is still in existence for sure. We (VCE/VT Butterfly Survey) are using and pushing eButterfly now. Why? Because it is focused on a checklist scheme like eBird so is much more powerful data collection. It also is tracking things like eBird for us such as life lists and whatnot, which is fun for us watchers. You can put your data anyplace you'd like really. I'd just recommend you don't waste time duplicating your data into multiple platforms without a very good reason (such as a local project or something, but we'd be happy to share any and all data direct to them too). If it is a good platform it would be sharing to GBIF (Global Biodiversity Information INfrastructure) or  it is at least what is called Darwin core compliant, which means its data can be used with other compliant databases for meta-analysis and such.
Best
Kent

Kent McFarland
Vermont Center for Ecostudies
PO Box 420 | Norwich, Vermont 05055
802.649.1431 x2

VCE Logo
Visit Our Pages: Facebook YouTube Blogger