" What happened to J Spin and his detailed TRs?   I saw him briefly at Stowe
the other day.  Didn't think to ask him why he stopped posting here.   I
liked his TRs.  Perhaps a tad too much text, but I thoroughly enjoyed the
pictures and the maps. "
The real rationale behind the super-secret eastern backcountry mindset is
actually this:

"Hey, if I'm prepared go to all the work, trouble and risk of creating,
maintaining and skiing those super-secret stashes, by either:

a)   illegally trespassing on privately owned land, and/or
b)   illegally clearing undergrowth on federal or state land.....

...I want to make sure that I:

a)   do not have to share it with anyone else without that person assuming a
similar level of illegal work, trouble, and risk, and/or
b)   am not publicly exposed for being the pious environmental hypocrite
that I (probably) am.

I wonder how many folks that huffed and puffed so publicly about the
chainsaw line on Jay's backside have subsequently skied it?
...but I digress

Leigh