At 03:40 PM 3/13/2013, Denis Bogan wrote:

>I enjoyed the story and understood her view.  It's just a point of
>view.  There is something special about New England day lodges.

The noise, the aroma, the somewhat run-down-in-need-of-refurbishment
nature of most, the clutter of boot-bags and duffels, the draftiness
of many, the dampness....
Nope. Miss them about as much as the rain/hard-freeze events.

Earl's Lodge (ie: the base day lodge) at Snowbasin, where you can
change in/out of your boots (and put your bag in a locker or free
cubby downstairs):

http://www.ski-dondiego.org/images/Salt%20Lake%20City%20Dec.%2004/Snowbasin%20Day%20Lodge%201.jpg

or

http://tinyurl.com/cxouxpc