  _____

From: Vermont Skiing Discussion and Snow Reports
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of John Mc
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2013 3:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] The Magic Door

Wachusett trip report.  15 inches of nice, light pow shared with 1,000 of my
closest friends. A foot of hard crusty snow coupled with the new snow meant
the entire mountain was skiable.  Every bit of woods is doable if you are
willing to tolerate the occasional whips to the face.  Regardless of any
list whispering or full-on internets shouting about stashes, old or new,
there are no secrets on that mountain.  People were everywhere and they were
all having a blast.  Get it while you can ... mid 50s coming Sun/Mon/Tue.

Casually reading through the recent posts about daehkcids and infamous spats
between list longhairs, newcomers, etc.  I recall what I believe to have
been the MOAS -- mother of all spats.  It involved a guy named Todd who
moved to Jay Peak from Wolf Creek, Co.  For numerous reasons, he rubbed
people the wrong way.  The imbroglio which followed (involving I believe
Mark R and others) was legendary, funny, nasty, and prolonged.  Was a low
snow winter -- 1997?

  _____