I second this.  That's what amazed me the first time I saw J Spin at the first party I attended.  IIRC he and Erica (before Mrs) and a couple of other friends were soaking up the terrain utilizing portions that I thought (at the time) were the more useless dregs of snow.  It was not a matter of overpowering or attacking the terrain but more of like a Kung Fu zen of becoming one with the terrain.  I determined that I wanted to emulate his style in my efforts to improve my own technique and I believe I have done so over the years.  On the telemark end of the spectrum I find Ben Bloom to be very similar in style and technique.  I hate to look back on my envolvement with the "gang" but those were the days.  JimskiwishIhadmoretimeandmoneytomeetupwitheverybody

From: Denis Bogan <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, March 7, 2013 8:55 PM
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] The Magic Door

I miss Jay for a lot of reasons.  Over my 15 years or so as a List member I have had the privilege of skiing with him a half dozen times.  He is a truly great skier.  But what I admire most about him is that I have never skied with anybody who can milk so much fun out of a ski run, no matter the weather, snow, terrain or anything else.

Thanks Jay!