telenaut [log in to unmask] wrote:
>  TEO and PatrickH decided Paradise should be the third run of my season.
> Nope. The woods were manky, semi-frozen, and quickly I was in throw-self-down-the-hill-and-hope-the-turn-works mode, trying to keep up, which, of course,
> never does. “Save yourselves. Go on without me,” I called out mid-run, and never saw the two again.
Actually, we decided Fall Line should be your third run of the season, but you somehow decided to follow-us into our brief sampling of tihshouse.  As I said, I thought your skiing looked solid from the start, even if your choice to go it alone was well timed, as we did venture out to Paradise on our next run and then things got truly interesting.  The run was rather monotonous and thus rote description fails to convey the experience, so therefore I will resort to repeating the random thoughts that I muttered to TEO in the 2+ hours we spent inventorying the young softwood glades (aka spruce traps) between MRG and Sugarbush.

The 22nd hole does not go.

You know the woods are tight when you need to ski with your skis on top of each other to fit between the trees.

This is worse than touring with Roger.

Who knew a 20-minute shwack out could lead to a 120-minute schwack back?
I hope to God nobody follows our tracks.  (We did find some old tracks somewhere out there, but we decided that those folks were equally clueless.)

"I will accept your apology in the bar."

What kind of trophy do we get for winning the Horizontal Challenge?

Once we realized that our ski line was closing out and got a good look at the Inverness chair directly below us along the narrowing drainage we were following, we patiently contoured our way back toward MRG with TEO graciously breaking trail and twig.  Many a sidestep to our left was taken as we worked our way over two ridgelets.  In the end we had ourselves a nifty, little 2.5-hour ski run.  By the time we had finished our recovery ales, it was clear that we should call it a day.  Sorry to miss you for the afternoon session, tn.  We would have brought you with us, had we known that you felt left out of the (Type II) fun.

- Patrick