There are few things in the ski world better than a Magic Mountain powder day. A few more fols than usual (got last spot in lot A) and we did not get on a lift until almost 10, but those would be the only down sides. When they have a powder day at Magic it is really a powder day. Absolutely nothing groomed, even late in the day on the east side blue trails we were getting fresh tracks.
When Magician is open, which it was today, you can be sure the woods are safe and we had plenty of fluff all day. It was a bit unlike a normal magic day in that I never hit any open water or fell in any holes. The cover was fantastic and fluff lasted all day. The only things not open were very tops of red and black line though both had been sampled with the result of snow scraped off the big rocks up there. The rest of Redline was a dream with places to drop into the woods and pop out. Just the best day from beginning to end.