[Please excuse the cross postings]

Colleagues,

The Center for Cultural Pluralism presents its first screening as part of the Spring 2013 Social Justice Film Series - "Jim in Bold" TODAY, Wednesday, April 3rd, 2013. Below are the details and a copy of the film poster has been attached to help promote this program as well as our complete series schedule. We appreciate your support.

Wednesday, April 3rd, 2013
12 PM - 104 Allen House
7:30 PM - Rm 216 Living/Learning Commons
A brief discussion of the themes follows each screening.

About the film: Interwoven with Jimmy Wheeler's life story is Young Gay America's cross-country road trip and interviews, where we see for the first time on film an America where the tides are changing. Gay youth are increasingly integrated into their schools, social groups,
and communities. 13- and 14-year-olds are coming out of the closet in record numbers. Sexual diversity has become a regular part of adolescent life. In a postinternet world, gay and lesbian youth are normal -- something Jimmy Wheeler never felt. This film selection
adopts a strengths-based lens to celebrate the progress for the LGBT movement and looks ahead to a call for greater action.
JIM IN BOLD is the story of a boy who dreamed of a better world and the people who live his dream today. [Run time: 78 minutes]

About the  Social Justice Film Series: Brought to you by the Center for Cultural Pluralism, the Spring 2013 Social Justice Film Series theme is "'Coz We Live in a Post-                America?" and offers participants an educational opportunity to explore through film and subsequent discourse and engage issues of identity in its various forms, visible and invisible. Films selected for the Social Justice Film Series have two viewings and are generally screened up to a half hour and followed by an engaged discourse on the themes by the participants. To be respectful of your time, it is our hope that this entire educational program does not exceed ninety minutes.

About the Center for Cultural Pluralism: Established in 1999 at the Allen House, the Center for Cultural Pluralism (CCP) is dedicated to helping UVM achieve its core mission to provide quality multicultural education in order to equip faculty, staff and students with the competencies necessary to function in a diverse world. Focusing on the complex intersections of issues of culture and social justice, the Center offers a unique “Cultural Hub” where individuals and organizations working on behalf of cultural diversity and social justice issues can collaborate and coalesce.

Join us!

Sincerely,

Dirk

--