John  -

You present an interest analogy; however, most AUPs for 1:1 programs that I have read make it clear that the laptop provided by the school is for student school-related work, not parental entertainment. And in this case, the student is "the tenant", not the parent, no? I know of other 1:1 schools that make it quite clear to students and parents that the laptop can be "searched" at any time by a school administrator if there is a concern regarding AUP. i guess I'm not clear about the parent's complaint. Do they believe that their own right privacy was violated? If so, seems to me they opened the door when they (or the child) logged into the parent's Netflix account.

Perhaps we can get some "official" language around this from the AOE.

Keith Nemlich
RSWSU
802-779-6487