Hi everyone,

We are having our spring Electronic Recycling Day at The Dorset School this Saturday.  If you need to or want to empty all of those closets of old electronics at school or home bring them by.  In short, we take anything with a power cord or is wireless.  All are welcome.  Attached is our poster and below is our press release.  Feel free to spread the word.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Phyllis
Media Center Director
The Dorset School

Get ready for the spring Electronic Recycling Day!  It is being held at The Dorset School on Saturday, May 4th from 9 am – 12 noon.  The Dorset Teachers’ Association and the Dorset Energy Committee are co-hosting this event to raise money for the school’s technology fund.  This event is open to everyone.  It is not limited to Dorset residents.

All items will be accepted free of charge.  Acceptable items include  computers (laptops, desktops, and servers), printers, ink and toner cartridges, monitors, UPS battery backups, stereo equipment, satellite dishes (any size!), game consoles (Wii, Playstation, etc), digital cameras, cell phones, blackberries, MP3 players, and small household appliances such as toasters, fans, and hair dryers, and more.    Please note that items that contain Freon, such as refrigerators, air conditioners, and dehumidifiers can not be accepted.  Large appliances such as stoves and ovens also cannot be accepted.  Donations are being accepted and proceeds will go towards the school’s Technology Fund.

Please note that The Dorset School will only be accepting items at the drive on May 4th.  Because of storage space and cost of removal they cannot accept any of these items prior to or after the drive.

We would like to extend a special thank you to Good Point Recycling (www.retroworks.net) for their donation of time and manpower to help make our drive a success. Good Point Recycling is an electronic recycler based out of Middlebury, Vermont that services Vermont, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York and Rhode Island from their Vermont headquarters, and the southwest from their Arizona warehouse.  From laptop credits to "e-waste" disposal, their recycling services are respected, vetted, economical, legal, and guaranteed.  www.retroworks.net

For more information, please contact Phyllis Tate at [log in to unmask] or Alex Bornstein at [log in to unmask].   The Dorset School is located at 130 School Drive, Dorset, VT 05251.  Visit their website at dorsetschool.us.