Hi Brucie, I have used Windows Movie Maker with Grade 5 for animation movies with still cameras.  I have had trouble using Flip Cameras though. Do you have the HD version of them? They store very large movie files and do not load successfully on older PC's with older Windows OS systems space is an issue. Flip cameras work great with Imovie and macs from my experience.