Caleb,

It is not about the device, it is about how a device is going to be used.
 I use focus questions to determine the device.

I.E. Does the school have a Google Apps for Education? Do the students have
email and how are the students and educators sharing and collaborating
information?  Do the educators have Personal Learning Networks. What
classrooms are project based? How are the students currently using the
technology?

Also, watch out for the barriers, locked down devices, limited wireless
access, limited email for students, blocked social networking......  Again,
it not just about protecting the children but preparing the children to
be responsible learners.

Creating a vision that develops educational practices will help you make
the decision on what device your school needs.

Both iPads and Chrome Books have value and both need to be managed.

We need to rethink what's possible.

Here are two links to a Kindergarten class.

http://kindergartenlife.wordpress.com/about/

--
Charles Wilson
St George, VT