If it is still a glass screen stay I would stay away from the 3gopc.

Chromebooks:
- Built specifically to me network deployments:  Very easy to mange.
- Great Collaboration: Works well with Google Apps
- Full laptop formfactor
- Chrome Web Store = Apps found here can be run on ChromeOS, Mac, or PC

iPad
- Built for personal use: Central management issues
- Portable
- App store = Apps are only available on the device
- A lot of PD around how it can be adapted to be used in education.

Both have value.   My ideal device configuration would be:  1:1 with Chromebooks, wired lab of Macs, and a mobile lab of iPads.    I actually like Android tablets better than the iPads but there is so much information around using iPads specifically that it would be very hard to implement.

   [log in to unmask] | (802) 772-0003
My Sites
 ~ Edlisten.com Educational Podcast

gClassFolders ~ Create Google folders for your class.