http://edudemic.com/2013/01/ipad-or-chromebook-4-questions-to-ask-before-choosing/

While reading Charlie's comment, I thought to share this article.

Carole

On Apr 1, 2013 11:43 AM, "Charlie Wilson" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Caleb,

It is not about the device, it is about how a device is going to be used.  I use focus questions to determine the device.

I.E. Does the school have a Google Apps for Education? Do the students have email and how are the students and educators sharing and collaborating information?  Do the educators have Personal Learning Networks. What classrooms are project based? How are the students currently using the technology?

Also, watch out for the barriers, locked down devices, limited wireless access, limited email for students, blocked social networking......  Again, it not just about protecting the children but preparing the children to be responsible learners.

Creating a vision that develops educational practices will help you make the decision on what device your school needs.

Both iPads and Chrome Books have value and both need to be managed.

We need to rethink what's possible.

Here are two links to a Kindergarten class.

http://kindergartenlife.wordpress.com/about/

http://kindergartenlife.wordpress.com/about/