Thanks so much for the info! I love this listserv, so many knowledgable educators.

Linda

From: Richard Ricciardi <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 11:12 AM
To: School Discussion <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Re: Question about Green Screen 'studio'

Hi Linda,

The 5x7 screen will be fine for one person sitting, but that’s about it. If you have a smooth wall, you can just paint it a nice, bright green (any color would do, but green is used because we don’t have green skin tone, and usually don’t wear green clothing). Lighting is important – usually two lights of equal intensity at 45 degree angles to the screen to cancel shadows. You will also need to have at least two lights on the subject that don’t bleed onto the screen. Most important: the better the camera, the better the chromakey will turn out – less artifacting and more believable keys. If you’re going to invest the money, don’t go cheap on the camera (less than $1500) – it will be less frustrating in the long run. Also, get a couple of wireless lavaliere microphones for everything, especially interviews.

Rick Ricciardi
Technologist
Charleston Elementary School