Ray, Google Admins can manage the storage.  Which from what I understand is that if you purchase an extra 20 gigs you can apply and move that extra storage to any account you want.   Not quite pooled storage but something:

http://googleappsupdates.blogspot.com/2012/04/administrator-managed-google-drive.html?scrlybrkr=76178cb5

   [log in to unmask] | (802) 772-0003
My Sites
 ~ Edlisten.com Educational Podcast

gClassFolders ~ Create Google folders for your class.