Amy..

The definition of 1:1 is what it has always been from the AOE perspective.. 1:1 computing is 1 computer to 1 child.  A dedicated machine for that student all throughout their school day.  Basically, it is their personal device.  They carry it, they care for it, etc.

If you are not doing this with the program, then you are best to look elsewhere for a solution, as the pricing, the professional development and all aspects of it are geared towards one computer, one child.   If you simply want machines.. you can do better price wise with other vendors.

That said.. we are leaving it up to schools to determine what grade levels they choose for the initiative.. A classroom, a grade level, a wing of the building, the entire school, all students with names ending in Y… you can decide that aspect but the computer needs to be dedicated to them.

Thanks..

PD

Peter Drescher

Education Technology Coordinator

Vermont Agency of Education

Integrated Support for Learning Division

120 State St.

Montpelier, VT  05620

Ph.: 802.828.5149

FAX: 802.828.0573