We have a Mitel, district wide VOiP system that is E911 compliant.  It has
been in place for at least 6 years and overall has been very good.  It was
installed and is supported by Twinstate.

*Jack W. Barnes, CNE
*Lead Network Administrator
Chittenden Central Supervisory Union
104 Maple Street, Essex Jct, VT 05452
802-857-7000 x1039 Office
802-318-0976 Cell
802-879-8197 Fax
*If you need immediate assistance please contact *
*our helpdesk at *802-857-7000 ext 1234* *or*
**[log in to unmask]*<[log in to unmask]>
*.*
*
*
*For Technology News click here<http://www.ccsuvt.org/category/blog/tech-news>
.*

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 2:25 PM, David Martin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Good Afternoon,
>
> Our local police department is doing tests to see if all our schools are
> E911 compliant. Schools not in compliance will need to be.
>
> Many solutions we have explored will increase our phone cost by nearly
> triple what it currently is, not including the cost of running cable as
> needed.
>

> What/who are other districts using for phone services(VoIP) to be E911
> compliant?
> --
>

> David Martin
>
> Network Administrator O.S.S.U.
>
> 157 Daniels Road
>
> Hardwick VT 05843
>
> Office 802.472.6531 Ext 24
>
> Cell 802.595.2733

> [image: Sample Logo]
> Enterprise Administrator on Windows ServerŪ 2008
>
> **
> **
>
> **
>
> *
> ------------------------------
>
> *
>
> *
> *
>

> This email may contain information protected under the Family Educational
> Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) or the Health Insurance Portability and
> Accountability Act (HIPAA). If this email contains confidential and/or
> privileged health or student information and you are not entitled to access
> such information under FERPA or HIPAA, federal regulations require that you
> destroy this email without reviewing it. If you receive this message in
> error or through inappropriate means, please reply to this message to
> notify the sender that the message was received by you in error, and then
> permanently delete this message from all storage media, without forwarding
> to anyone or retaining a copy.

The information contained in this communication, including
any attachments, is confidential,constitutes privileged
communication, and is intended only for the use of the addressee.
This message may not be forwarded without prior consent from
the sender. The information in this e-mail is also protected
by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies.  Any unauthorized
use, forwarding, distribution,disclosure, printing or copying is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately at 802-879-8192
or return e-mail,and delete any copies of this message immediately.
Any inadvertent disclosure of this communication shall not compromise
the confidential nature of the communication.