The earliest record for West Virginia Whites  at McCullough Mile around Woods in North Bennington seems to be April 7: 2008 & 2012 (Kevin H. found last year's first), by April 25th
I usually am seeing fair numbers: 8 +  The flight tapers off in Mid - May, although my records are spotty on the May side.

I looked for E. Pine Elfins at 2 spots in Pownal on Sunday , but saw no butterflies at all.
Did see a Cabbage White flutter by coming home from work in Bennington yesterday.

Good Luck on the Big Year... Hopefully we won't get prolonged periods of rain or dry.
Terri